Working towards GDPR compliance
As you may be aware, the General Data Protection Regulation will be coming into force in May 2018, and here at GCSEPod we have been taking proactive steps to make sure that your data is safe with us.
The full details of our provisions can be found in the Data Sharing Agreement that we send to schools when they subscribe, but here are some of the key points:
- We act as a ‘data processor’ – meaning we only act on your behalf; all data belongs to and is controlled by you
- The data we take from your school is minimised, meaning we only take the date we need for GCSEPod to function i.e. we only access the data we need for GCSEPod to function correctly
- The data collected is only used for the specified purposes of running GCSEPod
- Data collected is stored in the EU, in compliance with GDPR (Dublin, to be precise)
- Extraction can be stopped for any individual at any time at your request, meaning we won’t even be holding their data
- Web traffic is transferred over HTTPS
- Access to administrative functions is restricted to authorised individuals in the GCSEPod office and operatives in specific remote locations through the firewall
- Passwords are stored using one-way encryption
- Database access is restricted to internal servers only with a proxy for remote management
We'd love to hear from you 0191 338 7830
Want to know more?
“100% of our year 11 students achieved at least 5 GCSEs at grades A*-C.
82% achieved at least 5 GCSEs including Maths, English and/or Welsh at grades A*-C. An impressive 27% of grades were at A* or A compared to the national average of 19.4%.
We strongly believe that GCSEPod has played an important role in improving the outcomes for some of our pupils. Indeed, some of our top users exceeded their target grades in many areas and have now returned to the sixth form to continue their studies at A level.”
Diane Evans - Assistant Head Teacher,
Ysgol Uwchradd Aberteif
“There is a very clear correlation between the subjects with the most pronounced raises in attainment (English Literature, Chemistry, Biology and Physics) and those that had the highest GCSEPod usage.
In addition, the student with the highest GCSEPod usage was also our highest achiever.
Because there has so clearly been an impact on the departments that utilised GCSEPod effectively, we will be looking to increase the use of GCSEPod across the school in coming years.”
Andrew Ost - Deputy Head,
Fort Pitt Grammar School
“We’ve used GCSEPod for a year and the results speak for themselves!
Not only did we see a rise in headline measures across the board with our highest user of GCSEPod gaining 7A* – but the students and their parents love it!
It’s fun, user friendly, and easy to use in a variety of ways – on a mobile device, in school, at the heart of our mentoring and intervention strategies, for flipping learning, and to deliver positive engagement that parents can see. Plus we’ve only just scratched the surface!”
Dominic Howkins - Vice Principal,
Ormiston Sudbury Academy
Don’t just take our word for it. We’re very proud of the recognition we’ve gained over the years, and we’ve picked up many industry awards along the way. We’re constantly striving to get better at what we do so that our award-winning service provides exactly what you need.